Saturday 7 February 2009

Persistence

“Without bloody-minded determination and persistence you don’t achieve success.” - Mandy Haberman, the inventor of the Anyway Up cup.

Persistence is probably the one trait that you will find in all high achievers. They are like a dog with a bone and won’t let go until they have achieved the outcome that they decided upon. No matter how difficult it seems, the longer you persist, the more likely your success.

“The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.”

James Whitcomb Riley

Sometimes you are going to face obstacles, both predicted and unforeseen, in your business or personal life that are going to stop you in your tracks. And sometimes you’ll wonder why you ever set out on the road that you are on.

Code of Persistence
From “How to turn Failure into Success” -Harold Sherman

1. I will never give up so long as I am right.
2. I will believe that all things will work out for me if I hang on to the end.
3. I will be courageous and undismayed in the face of poor odds.
4. I will not permit anyone to intimidate or deter me from my goals.
5. I will fight to overcome all physical handicaps and setbacks.
6. I will try again and again and yet again to accomplish what I desire.
7. I will take new faith and resolution from the knowledge that all successful men and women have had to fight defeat and adversity.
8. I will never surrender to discouragement or despair no matter what seeming obstacles may confront me.

“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
- Harriett Beecher Stowe

“Persistence isn’t using the same tactics over and over. That’s just annoying. Persistence is having the same goal over and over.”
- Seth Godin

No comments: