I listened in to Lisa Nichols last night on the Virtual Abundance Expo. Her subject was: THE ABUNDANCE MINDSET FOR SELF-MOTIVATION
Lisa had so much to share. Starting with the recognition that you have to be your source in creating the world you want. While you will employ resources outside of you, the journey starts within you.
Gratitude is key. Go to a place of gratitude that you were chosen to do this work and that you are highly qualified for this work. She advised six steps:
1. Be very clear on the intention that you set and what you are deserving of.
2. Work in the mirror, for that is where you turn to self and where self-motivation begins. Self-help begins with the self, not outside. When grounded you can cope with any circumstances. Ask yourself why do you deserve to reach that goal? This will move you to an emotional level. Give three reasons why you deserve that goal.
3. In the mirror, tell yourself five things that you are prepared to do to reach that goal. How is that goal non-negotiatiable for you. Are you willing to get up at 3am, stay up late?
4. Create 3-4 action steps to reach your milestone. What is actionable?
5. Then create 2-5 milestones that you will pass through on the way to reaching the goal.
6. Instantly, starting today, stop and celebrate each time that you reach another milestone. Open a special bottle of wine, have dinner out, stop and throw your private party. Celebrating your milestones will keep you motivated to reach the next milestone.
Doing this work with yourself alone in the mirror is so simportant.
Before setting new milestones, write your "already done list" over your lifetime.
We do not celebrate our achievements enough, even birthdays are ignored as we age.
If you want to achieve success, it is important to celebrate previous success.
Lisa has published a book called “No matter what” the concept being that a goal is no longer an option. She said she would have it no matter what. Not that it would be nice but that it would happen despite distractions. Every other option is now off the table. In her raw and candid way she shares times when she had breakdowns that had to be changed into breakthroughs.
You will find yourself and in spite of yourself you will be successful.
What would our life look like if we took on the abundance mindset?
Move from intention and thought to outcome. You are the source of everything that you need. You have to know how to fill your own tank. Never serve from your cup but from your saucer, the overflow.
Everywhere you go there you are. Your negative self-talk goes with you but you can learn how to have a conversation with that conversation. Reprogramme your way of thinking, abundance not scarcity.
We can experience fear of failure or fear of success. What if it doesn’t work or what if it does?
Here is an exercise to expose the lie. Take several blank sheets of paper, write the lie in pencil, skip 4 lines between each lie. The more successful you are, the more pages you will need. Take a red pen and write the truth in each space. Read the lie then the truth for 72 hours. By day 4 you will start to believe the truth so you can erase the lies written in pencil. That one exercise can change your life.
First sentence to complete – (your name?, I’m proud of you because and go back several years and find statements.
(Your name), I forgive you for…. This cuts shackles to shame, blame and guilt.
Tears will come but keep going.
(Your name), I commit to you that… and write seven commitments.
Remember that your gifts are waiting to be shared with the world. Your champion is in you so that you can serve every one of us. You are the perfect person, with the perfect story, the perfect message so set your champions free, no matter what.
Lisa Nichols has reached millions with her powerful message of empowerment, service, excellence & gratitude. Her participation in The Secret catapulted her popularity across the globe. Lisa has appeared on the "Oprah Winfrey Show," "Extra," "Larry King Live" and on NBC's Emmy Award-winning show, "Starting Over." In addition, Lisa is the founder of Motivating the Masses and CEO of Motivating the Teen Spirit, LLC. Her transformational workshops have impacted the lives of over 210 thousand teens and over 1 million adults. Her new book, No Matter What! Hit 6 bestsellers list, including the New York Times list, in the first 37 days of being released and has already been sold in 20 foreign languages. Lisa is a dynamic speaker with an extraordinary story and a tremendous ability to touch people's hearts and souls. She is a master at accomplishing unfathomable goals and teaching others to do the same. Lisa Nichols has transformed her life from struggling single mom to a motivational millionaire entrepreneur, and she has dedicated her life to teaching others how to do the same.
Visit Personal Development for the 21st Century