Tuesday 1 July 2008

Is Fear Robbing you of your Dreams?

Sometimes fear of success can be the most demobilizing fear of all. Let fear sneak in and note that you do anything rather than take action even when your instincts tell you to do so. It can cost you more than you are willing to admit.

The lesson I learned was that choosing inaction (through fear) gives your fears the green light to move forward and your dreams to dwindle and fade away.

Dreams are attained through action not inaction. When I have a gut feeling I move boldly in that direction and do not allow that negative dream stealing inner talk to influence me.

Back to your question, "What would I do if I weren't afraid?"

Turn the question round to one that can empower and inspire you:

If God came to me and said, "I will assist you in accomplishing, doing or having anything it is that you tell me you want to be, do or have. All the things you need to make it happen will be done through my guidance and will. What is it that you choose to be, do or have?"

If God guaranteed that I could & would accomplish anything I desired what would I choose?

Are you clear what your answer would be? At least put it another way, "I know you don't know the answer, but if you did, what would it be?"

I hope that by reading this you will stop being caught up in the moment or in the drama of a problem and seek the solution to overcome that adversity.

In the meantime, be grateful, "The more you can be grateful for the things in your life now, the more you will have to be grateful for tomorrow." (no matter how 'bad things may seem)

No matter where you are in your life, there are thousands of things you could choose to be grateful for. Are you focusing on those or are you focusing on the little things which 'annoy' you?

In life you get more of what you focus on. Focus on gratitude and you will have more to be grateful for. Focus on worries or problems and you will have more worries and problems. Focus on solutions and you will find more solutions.

No comments: